T2TT – Trainee to Trained Teacher
Trainee to Trained Teacher is an Erasmus+ Funded Project with the following aiming to improve the quality of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) and in particular the transition from a trainee to a second year teacher.
Trainee to Trained Teacher is an Erasmus+ Funded Project with the following aiming to improve the quality of Initial Teacher Education (ITE) and in particular the transition from a trainee to a second year teacher. We seek to improve the capacities of schools in professional development for both new teachers and experienced teachers, while developing new and innovative approaches to the training of school teachers and reducing the drop-out rate of teachers at the start of their professional lives.
The main objectives for the Trainee 2 Trained Teacher project are to:
- identify the tools used to support trainees and NQTs in the UK School Direct programme, including formal training, induction programmes, teacher support, coaching and mentoring, and in-house professional development
- develop a draft scheme of work for a set of training modules covering: Coaching and Mentoring; Developing an ITE/Induction package; Teaching and Learning; Behaviour for Learning and Special Education Needs; Measuring Pupil Progress and Impact; Assessment and accreditation of ITE & NQTs
- pilot, test, evaluate and refine the training modules in 5 schools in each of 5 countries
- identify and use the tools to evaluate impact, including data and feedback from trainees, teachers and pupils
- develop accreditation for the training
It is a collaboration project between 6 partners from 5 countries: Carmel Academy (UK), edEUcation ltd. (UK), Teach for Bulgaria (Bulgaria), Centre for School Improvement (Lithuania), Federación EFAS Comunidad Valenciana (Spain) and Primary School of Pefkochori (Greece).
For more information, please, visit the project website
Project ID number: 2015-1-UK01-KA201-013515